- 1. Where are my tickets for the live taping?
- 2. Why do you charge for copies of the show?
For two reasons: first, we really want to encourage folks to listen to their local public radio stations. On-air listening increases a station’s appeal to prospective underwriters, and our mandate is to support the stations who have so long supported us.
Second, NPR shows are publicly funded and as such not only able to distribute free copies but often have that as a requirement for funding. Says You! has always been an independent show with no such revenue and support structure. It costs us to do everything, from the copying and storing of the archives to the distribution mechanism. As a small independent production entity, we needed to contract facilities and staff for distribution.
We hope you find this to be a fair and convenient service and we welcome your comments and suggestions to help us improve.
- 3. Do your panelists have "day jobs"?
- 4. How do I become a Says You! sponsor?
Says You! has underwriting opportunities available for its upcoming season. If your company values an association with Says You! and wants to reach a highly desirable national audience every week via public radio and the Web, please contact us for further information. Direct inquiries to our national marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5. How can we bring Says You! to our town?
If you are a company or organization and would like to host a taping in your area, please contact us directly at email@example.com for information. We can coordinate with your meetings, conferences, fundraisers and community programs, and we will be happy to provide you with examples and references from past events.
Individuals can help by organizing grass-roots movements, galvanizing media, shouting from rooftops… or contacting your local public radio station and asking for their help. We’ll be there before you can say ‘sesquipedalian.’
- 6. Who played that music I heard last week?
- 7. How do I get copies of the show?
The current week’s Says You! is available for free on any of the stations that stream our show across the country. You can check the Find a Station page to find a convenient time and listen as they air.
Archived shows are available HERE for a small fee (explained below).
- 8. How can I contribute a question to the show?
Check out our Got a Good One? page and share your brilliance. Your reward: seconds of national fame and the satisfaction of a job well done. We used to give away major appliances, but shipping costs got out of hand.
- 9. What's the difference between a podcast and an archive?What's the Diff between downloading a podcast and purchasing a show from our archives?The key difference: a podcast is typically downloaded free of charge for your listening pleasure, but it is not yours to keep forever. Downloading a podcast is much like borrowing a book from the library. The time you may keep a library book or a podcast is limited - at the end of each season, Says You! removes our podcast radio shows from Lybsinc, iTunes, and GooglePlay to make room for the new season.If you want to keep a particular show to listen to again and again without any sort of time limitation, you must purchase the show in the form of an MP3 from the archive department on our website store. (Go to: Saysyou.net and select Shop from the Menu bar. Our shop provides more than one option, so please use the dropdown feature and select Archives.) You are purchasing a copy of a show in the form of an MP3 file that you will download immediately to your computer. MP3 files provide high quality sound that has been compressed, so they take up very little room on your computer. Once you have downloaded the MP3 to your computer, you can transfer the file (the show(s)) to other listening devices. In summary, shows from our past, referred to as archives, may be purchased individually or as an entire season.Back to podcasts. Says You! podcasts are available for free from iTunes for iPhones and Google Play for android devices. Says You! also offers an App for your cell phone. In order to download a podcast to your handheld device, listeners do not need our App. The Says You! App simply saves you time and effort, as all new shows are sent directly to the App one week after they air nationally on the radio. The convenience of having all new shows delivered directly to your device and stored on the Says You! app can be yours for a one-time cost of .99 cents. And, a reminder, the shows from the current season will remain on your handheld device until the end of the season.